God of War: Ghost of Sparta is a single player action-adventure game for PlayStation Portable (PSP). The second game in the series to be developed specifically for play on the PSP, Ghost of Sparta is set after the events of the original PlayStation 2 game, revealing the previously unknown struggles and history of Kratos as he challenges the deities of Olympus, eventually taking the status and title of god for himself. The game features bigger bosses and more enemies than the previous PSP release, as well as new combat and weapons systems.
Set within the shadowy realm of Greek mythology, God of War: Ghost of Sparta allows players to take on the role of the powerful and iconic Spartan warrior Kratos. This new adventure for PSP picks up after the events of the original God of War game for PS2 conclude, telling the story of Kratos' ascension to power as the God of War. Yet this rise is not without its consequences. In his quest to rid himself of the nightmares that haunt him, Kratos must embark on a journey that will reveal the origins of lost worlds, and finally answer long-awaited questions about his dark past. Armed with the deadly chained Blade weapons, he will have to overcome armies of mythological monsters, legions of undead soldiers, and amazingly dangerous and brutal landscapes throughout his merciless quest.
Release Date: 04/08/2008
Available on: PSP
IGN Video Review
Play the Game
- As players explore the ancient world, prepare to navigate through a labyrinth of challenging puzzles interwoven into the story
- Enhanced melee combat system that allows a variety of finishing moves, air-to-air attacks and devastating grappling combos
- Wield new deadly weapons such as the Spear and Shield and magical powers for more lethal attacks
- Bigger and more diverse gameplay than the earlier Chains of Olympus game, featuring larger bosses, double the enemies on-screen
- Stunning visuals that have never been seen before on the PSP system
Play the Game
God of War Chains of Olympus is developed by SCE Santa Monica Studio.